Professional Career CoachTraining and Certification
The #1 Thing Missing From Today’s Coaching Training And Certifications
Whether you’re an aspiring career coach or already a career coach wanting to grow a successful business, there’s one problem I see often that a lot of people we end up working with were previously frustrated by as well.
Maybe you’ve experienced it, too:
You go full Alice In Wonderland and slip deep down the rabbit hole of information on all things career coaching.
You want to find out what it takes to go from just giving out advice pro bono—as great as it feels to do so—to having clients who happily pay you for your expertise.
However, something weird keeps happening as you click through each of your search results:
Most of the sites look like they were made in the late 90’s. What gives?
Yet you don’t let this stop you and you keep searching because you just can’t shake the thrill, the joy, the reward of helping others see the best in themselves…only to discover one other glaring issue:
Those trainings and certifications leave you hanging, looking over the edge of a cliff.
You get to learn about being a coach but then what?
What about the business side? What about building a coaching practice? What about marketing and attracting the clients that you’re most excited to work with.
Also why do most certifications not have anything to do with Career Coaching?
An even more interesting question to ask…
3 Of The Biggest Roadblocks
You’ll Encounter Along The Way
Obviously any journey toward greatness can’t ALL be rainbows, unicorns, and butterflies…
Anytime we push ourselves, we’re bound to hit some roadblocks that test and teach us. That’s why even the world’s most elite high-achievers have coaches.
Frankly, the coaches they have probably even have their OWN coaches too, right?
The reason why is simple:
No matter how many coaching moments you’ve successfully navigated over the years—whether those were casual conversations or paid for by someone…
No matter what you’ve managed to achieve in the past…
…there are several different types of roadblocks that can show up to throw you off your game and ruin what could—and probably would—have been an otherwise meaningful and rewarding journey.
And in those moments, it’s critical to have someone (or an entire cohort!) in your corner to help you practice, stay motivated, and hold you accountable.
Anyway, you’ve probably encountered one or more of these roadblocks over the years:
Coaching Roadblock #1 – Standing Out
It can be easy to feel overwhelmed or doubt yourself when it comes to figuring out how you’re going to ever know WHO you want to notice what you have to offer and HOW you’re going to stand out enough to attract them.
Nobody wants to just blend in with every other coach, right?
If you encounter this roadblock and begin to struggle with standing out, you may lead yourself to believe the same outdated or outright wrong myths so many coaches fall victim to—sometimes before they ever give themselves a chance to start:
- Thinking you can only stand out if you’re on social media (wrong)…
- Wondering how on earth you can thrive amongst other, more “established” coaches…
- Believing you have to limit yourself to one niche, one offer…
Once you break through this roadblock, you’ll see for yourself just how easy it can be!
Coaching Roadblock #2 – Imposter Syndrome
Imposter syndrome is quite common, even among high achievers. It turns you into a master of self-deception. In other words, imposter syndrome influences your thinking in a way that blinds you from your own greatness and past achievements, and steers you far away from ever taking action toward your goals.
You become your own biggest enemy, allowing yourself to plant little seeds of doubt in your brain that manifest into thoughts like:
- “What if I can’t actually help the people that trusted me to do so?”
- “Is the stuff I’ve been telling people really all that helpful?”
- “Am I actually worth what I just asked for?”
- “Who am I to think I have any kind of real credibility to charge for this?”
- We help you conquer this roadblock, too, so you can feel confident in being able to help your clients regardless of what stage they’re at, and help you realize exactly why you ARE worth what you’re ready to charge for your expertise!
Coaching Roadblock #3 – Time
Allow me to put a BIG, bad myth to rest right here.
When it comes to finding the time to improve your skills as a career coach, finding people to work with, or building a business around doing so if you choose to…you do NOT have to take the full-time leap of faith.
You also don’t have to sacrifice precious time or resources going back to school, in order to become an effective and legitimate career coach.
Our team will show you why it’s not about the TIME you spend coaching.
It’s about the VALUE you can deliver.
Because of this, you can often spend less time coaching each client and still be just as effective.
And that means even if you only want to start part-time, you can.
We will hand you every single process and proven framework we’ve used and relentlessly refined, since 2013, to grow Happen To Your Career to where we are today.
Instead of burning the candle at both ends trying to make progress (or worse: risk giving up entirely), using what we share with you will enable you to:
- Keep your schedule chaos-free.
- Streamline all aspects of your coaching.
- And scale to new levels of impact, income, and freedom on your time…
Best of all, you’ve got a whole lot of people in your corner ready to help you!
You Can Choose From Two Tracks That Give You Targeted Training & Extraordinary Results
For Those Interested Specifically In Developing Skills As A Career Coach:
TRACK # 1: DEVELOPING TECHNICAL MASTERY AS A CAREER COACH
If you know that career coaching is the path you want to take and want to jump straight into learning all there is to know when it comes to how to be confident and qualified to help your clients with their careers, no matter what stage they’re in then this track is for you!
Module 1: Understanding the Fundamental Coaching Competency Models
- Mastering Happen To Your Career’s Coaching Conversation Model and learn the step-by-step process to ace every interaction
- Learning the Situational Coaching Model and know when and how to seamlessly transition between roles to best serve your client
- Understanding the common Mental Barriers all your clients go through and how to blast past them to breakthroughs
Module 2: Defining Clarity and Expectations For Your Clients
- Getting clarity and distilling down what’s most important
- Learning how to set expectations with your clients before you being working together and throughout the process
- Holding accountability and gaining commitment right from the beginning
Module 3: Uncovering Your Clients Signature Strengths
- Understand how and when to use all the coaching assessment used by Happen To Your Career
- Applying the best methods and questions to specifically help your clients uncover their Signature Strengths and what’s unique about them.
- Using Happen To Your Career’s unique Puzzle Method, master how to translate your client’s Signature Strengths in the real world
- Hone in quickly on what makes someone truly unique and valuable as a person Then help them see how to use these strengths in their career or career pivot.
Module 4: Construct A Compelling Career Vision
- Determining what your clients actually want from their careers while no longer accepting what they no longer will accept
- Utilizing Happen To Your Career’s effective Ideal Career Process and how to strategically use to when focusing on the essentials to your client’s careers
- Applying the tools to build a pathway for your clients and get them to where they want to be in their careers
- Help clarify what they want most out of their life (even when they don’t yet know themselves).
Module 5: Designing Career Experiments
- Learning the process to help your client’s design experiments and “test drive” possible careers
- Understand how to help your client step out of their comfort zone and take their take their Ideal Career and make it a reality
- Attach their inward talents and desires to the outward world (helping them identify where they can give and receive the most value)
Module 6: How to Build Plans that Make the Impossible a Reality
- The HTYC process for creating plans that build momentum for your clients
- Get access to a wealth of resources for Branding, Building Relationships, Interviews, Resumes, and many more that you can use as tools with your clients to help them and make your life easier!
Module 7: Advanced Coaching Techniques (Created exclusively by HTYC)
- Learn how to use less time in coaching, but still be more effective!
- Draw boundaries that help create accountability and endear your clients to you (and cause them to keep coming back to pay for more coaching)
Coaching Toolbox: Get access to ALL of the tools we’ve created to run our own business with multiple coaches and thousands of clients.
- Coaching Conversations Templates:
- Client Agreements: Set the terms of coaching up front so you can be clear. Every time!
- Intake forms: Get everything you need to set your client up for success. Before you even start coaching.
For Those Looking To Take Their Career Coaching Or ANY Coaching Business To The Next Level:
TRACK # 2: BUILDING A THRIVING COACHING BUSINESS AND YOUR FIRST CLIENTS
Maybe you’ve also chosen Track 1 or are already experienced elsewhere as a coach.
You want to take everything you know as a coach, everything you’ve been doing, and completely launch or relaunch your coaching business at the highest level, with the greatest chance of success possible.
If this describes you, then Track 2 is another option for you to consider!
Module 1: Define Your Target Market (and get to know them better than they know themselves)
- Getting ultra-specific on who you serve, what is their profile, what are their fears, pains, hopes, and goals that you can impact?
- Learn specific Market Research techniques to learn exactly what the people you want to help are thinking and the exact verbiage they use to communicate their problems that you can solve
- Getting clear on who you do not serve so you can better attract people who love your message and are willing to invest in your services.
Module 2: Crafting a Compelling Coaching Offer and Package Your Services
- Creating an offer that is based on the ideal client’s big problem so they are eager to pay for the value you deliver.
- Learn how to effectively price and package that offer into a system/process solution that is concrete and has a high perceived value so that you can charge for the value instead of your time.
- Creating a service offering that has a high perceived value so you can make a decent living without serving tons of clients at once.
Module 3:The Art of Closing The Sale
- Learn how to have a conversation with your prospects in a way that continues to build trust and invites them to take the next step with you without high pressure sales tactics that don’t work.
- Get a sales process in place that works so you aren’t left wondering what to say, how to guide the conversation, and ultimately, land more clients.
Module 4: Your First Clients
- Where to begin looking for your first clients
- Use the LHF (Low hanging fruit method)
- Learn to turn discussions and interactions into clients in an organic way.
Module 5: Your Website and Starter Branding
- Communicate with the market you want to reach and cause them to fall in love with you (or at least really really resonate with what you’re saying!)
- Learn the most important parts of your website (and what you don’t actually need to worry about!)
Module 6: Creating Your Client Attraction Magnet and Bring Quality Leads to You
- Creating high value content that is directly in line with the problem you solve and the service you offer.
This content will be crafted in a way to build trust, credibility, authority, and convert cold leads into loyal clients that are willing to pay for your value.
Module 7: Automating Your Marketing System to Leverage Your Limited Time
- Create an automated process that will automatically nurture your new coaching leads and set you up with appointments with those prospects who are highly qualified and willing to invest in themselves.
- Create a process that filters, qualifies, and helps you identify your future clients before you ever talk to them on the phone.
Module 8: Driving Traffic to Your New Coaching Client Marketing Funnel
- Learn several different ways you can start to drive traffic to your marketing funnel so that you can generate more leads.
- Understand how to market yourself online in a way that positions you as a thought leader, attracts people to you, and gives value to others.
- Target Market Research Guides
- Sales Call templates:
- Accounting and Finance for the first year of your coaching business
- Pricing and Positioning Reference Guides
What Happens After You’ve Gone Through
The Training and Certification?
Here’s what you can expect after you come out of the training and become certified as a PCC
- You will know how to work with a large variety of people in nearly any industry to help them identify their own ideal career.
- You will understand a process and a framework to lead any client through nearly any situation OR when to help them get additional resources
- You will have everything you need to get your first clients or get a role with a company you want to work with.
Meet Michelle Robin
We helped Michelle land her biggest client at the time. Now she runs a full scale personal branding company where she lands 5K clients all the time!
Meet David Mariano
We helped David refine the coaching process and framework he was using and then to get his very first clients! We also helped him build out the initial marketing for his business and create his first pricing and packages.
Meet Kimberly Ramsawak
Kimberly launched her first ever services and course offering to obtain her first premium clients.
What Is The Investment Cost for the Training?
We’ve been meticulously researching other programs for years and have found that other certifications cost $2,000-10,000.
Then afterwards, you still have to go find a business coach or business training program that may cost anywhere from $2,500-$15,000.
This can quickly skyrocket your total investment to as much as $25,000+
That’s not even counting your time spent finding the right combination of programs and certifications.
Because to make matters worse, these programs aren’t specific to career coaching or career coaching businesses.
We’re committed to offering a disproportionate “Return on Investment” with our program, training and preparation for your future.
And we make sure you have everything you need inside one program to take control of your life and create your own career coaching practice.
Best of all you can choose just one track or enroll in both tracks.
MasteryCareer Coaching Mastery
- The Entire PCC Career Coaching Mastery system
- Coaching toolkit (including our forms, agreements, scripts and models)
- Feedback session with a PCC certified mentor coach
- Pay in full option (save $391)
Biz LaunchCareer Coaching Biz Launch
- The entire PCC Career Coaching Biz Launch Accelerator system
- Business Toolkit (get scripts for sales, our processes and systems we’ve developed over 7 years)
- Feedback session with our team on your website.
- Pay in full option (save $391)
Best ValueCoaching Mastery & Biz Launch
- Everything in Career Coaching Mastery and Career Coaching Biz Launch, but save when you enroll together!
- Bonus: Access to past live coaching sessions with PCC students helping them get their first sales and grow their business
- Bonus: Additional session to help you craft your sales script with a mentor coach
- Pay in full option (save $591)
Here’s The First Step To Take:
To fill out an application and schedule a call to find out if becoming a career coach and our program is right for you, please use the link below.
Once you click the link, you’ll be taken to a page where you can fill out the free application and schedule a call with our Director of Student Success.
There’s zero pressure to join or invest in anything on the call. Just a quick get-to-know ya chat to bounce around questions and ideas, and see what makes the most sense for what you’re interested in accomplishing.
If anything, we’re on the lookout for who to NOT let join because again, we’re more interested in making sure whoever we work with is a good fit all around.
If you already know that’s you, you can get started by going to this page now—see you on the other side!
Click here: https://happentoyourcareer.com/apply
“Do Or Do Not. There Is No Try.”
You Now Have A Very Exciting Journey Awaiting You And An Equally Important Decision To Make!
If you’ve come this far, I’m going to double-down on my guess that you know in your heart and mind already that helping people change their lives and careers is calling you.
The only question then is what getting to the point of feeling 10,000% confident you can help your clients—at any stage of their careers—will look like.
You could spend the next several years—easily a decade a more as we have—figuring it all out on your own and risk getting burnt out or giving up on something you’ve already discovered you’re amazing at.
Or there’s the path you already know is the smarter and more efficient way to Make It Happen:
Learning the same proven modern frameworks, tools, and skills our company and coaches have spent more than 15 years creating and refining. Resources that will save you countless years of guesswork and frustration, and empower you with the skills and confidence to address any situation thrown at you.
There is an entirely different life out there waiting for you. It can be fueled by a career or a thriving business where you get to help people create meaning in their own life and work.
As you’ve probably experienced through helping others by sharing your advice, it’s incredibly rewarding!
And it gives you the keys to lead the type of life desire and deserve. It gives you more autonomy and flexibility than you could hope for.
But at the end of the day, only you can make that decision for yourself!
To fill out an application and schedule a call to find out if becoming a career coach and our program is right for you, please use this link now:
Frequently Asked Questions
When does it begin?
The self paced version of Professional Career Coach Training – Coaching Mastery doesn’t have a specific timeline – Immediately after you register you will get access to the very first section of the program to get started. From there you decide when you want to begin and you set the pace.
You can complete it anytime after enrollment.
When does it end?
The training itself is set up in 7 high impact modules to maximize your coaching learning. It is set up so that you get access to each module every 2 weeks after you begin, however you can actually complete those at any pace that is right for you.
After you complete the training, you may begin the certification process at any time (which involves demonstrating your skills and working one-on-one with a mentor coach). The certification process lasts about 1 – 6 months depending on how frequently you are coaching.
How will the training take place?
Self Paced: Every other week, training will take place via video conferencing software similar to Zoom, where you can be interactive with our group and the facilitator. In between trainings, you will complete a variety of work including reviewing materials (videos, readings and audio content), skillbuilding practice, collaboration with other members of the cohort, mentorship meetings, etc.
How long is the group training class?
Sessions are every other week and last 90 minutes apiece. This is long enough to go deep but still manageable on most schedules. We’ve found most people prefer this over meeting every week for an hour.
How many people have you helped start businesses?
Through our brand Happen To Your Career we’ve had an impact on thousands, however Scott has worked directly and personally one-on-one with over 250 people to get their first customers, reach their first $10,000 month, or grow their business.
What time do the group classes take place?
The program is self paced so there is no requirement to be at a certain class at a certain time. If you would prefer a live online class environment, we do have a version that runs twice a year.
How much time should I anticipate spending each week?
The entire program is structured for between 5-7 hours of work and actions each week. That said, we find that as you enter Track 2 of the program (where it’s focused on your first customers and building your business) the more time you put in, the faster you will get results (from what we typically see). This is because at this stage the work is directly on your business or practice.
Additionally, we see that what people put into it, they get out of it.
Lastly, some areas are easier or more difficult depending on the person. For example, anything that I have to do that involves writing takes me twice as long as the average human being. Expect those individual factors, but we’ve created the course with 5-7 hours per week in mind.
Is there an examination for the professional certification in addition to the aspect of membership?
Yes, the actual Professional Career Coach Certification itself (separate from the training) requires working with one of our HTYC Coaches (to see you in action) so we can see you coach and understand you can “walk the walk.” Along with some other examinations, we want to ensure that you are well-prepared and versatile for the coaching world.
What are the technical requirements for the course?
You just need a computer (actually you could do the entire thing on your phone because it’s enabled for mobile but I wouldn’t recommend it)
Is there any advice on online marketing, website building, etc, or marketing templates including?
Yes! Part of Section 3 of the Program involves building your business (especially marketing & technology). In the program, we focus on how can we deliver the most essential coaching practices to you and give you that information which you can access at any time. Think of a box filled with marketing, business, and website goodies of information that you can pull out and use anytime.
Is there any community building during the training program such a slack channel or facebook group?
Of course! We think community building is essential to the course, and we’re planning on launching a Facebook group for all of our awesome students to hang out and chat.
Why did you choose to create your own certifying body instead of partnering with the ICF or other coaching organizations?
Ultimately, one of the biggest reasons we chose to create our own certifying body and not go through ICF or other coaching organizations is because we have a distinct difference in beliefs when it comes to coaching fundamentals and what it takes to get results for ALL clients. One of the things we recognize is that what you really need to build success and create massive action for clients does not just come from “traditional coaching” alone. No matter where in the world people are coming from or the profession or industry, we’ve seen it all and come back to the same fundamentals.
There is core information and certain behaviors that some people don’t have as we are helping them make massive career changes, getting a promotion, etc. To get the results that our clients are looking for (at the speed they are looking for) requires a combination of coaching, consulting, strategy, and other aspects. We believe the best coaches can operate in these multiple roles and truly help people forward (and we have the data to back it up).
We think the ICF is wonderful organization that has done (and will continue to do) amazing things for coaching. However, if we want an even better coaching format, we have to move beyond what is “traditional coaching” and require a much higher level of what our coaches know.
Are there any other hidden costs or expenses I would need to pay for? The short answer is “no” there is nothing else you must pay for from us.
We will be providing a supplemental book list that allows you to dig deeper on specific topic areas that will benefit you. When you get to Stage 3 in business building, we will provide a list of recommended tools that make your life easier. Some are free, others are not None are required. Your spending is at your own discretion.
However, we do find that in order to reach many people, you need a website and en email provider.
Lastly, depending on the part of the world you live in, there may be certain costs associated with obtaining a license to do business (or other requirements to obtain a license).
What’s the final day to register?
The final day to register for the self paced PCC Program is December 20, 2019 (end of day Eastern Standard Time)
What’s the schedule of the Program?
The self-paced program is whenever you want to begin.
Success Stories: From Amateur to Professional
Tracy Timm of TracyTimm.com
Scott helped Tracy land her first client, and today, she is a leading voice on career change. In addition to running a successful career coaching business, she is often featured as a voice on workplace issues on networks including ESPN Radio, Fox News, and her local news segment, Morning Dose.
When Mimi joined the course, her main goal was to break even on her investment. Within 90 days of entering the course, she’d already accomplished that! Not only did she win over clients almost immediately upon implementing our process, but she also learned how to clearly define her ideal customer and then close the deal when she found the right individuals.
Michelle Robin of brandyourcareer.com
After Michelle started working with our team, she managed to land her biggest client of all time! Landing that first big fish was important because it made Michelle realize she could regularly charge what she wanted instead of lowering prices out of fear that people wouldn’t think she was worth it. Today Michelle continues to set prices with confidence as she runs a full scale personal branding company.
David Mariano of http://financecareerlaunch.com/
We helped David, a finance expert, build out his plans to lead and mentor career seekers in the finance sector. After taking our advice on marketing plans, package prices, and a practical framework for coaching, he won over his first clients. Today, he continues to find fulfillment through leading the next generation of leaders in finance.
Kimberly Ramsawak of ProfessionalJetsetter.com
Happen To Your Career equipped Kimberly to launch her own business and close the deal on her first premium clients. Kimberly is a perfect example of someone finding their unique specialty and turning it into a thriving business. Drawing from her own search for a career that enabled her to fly around the world, she has a strong platform for helping others transform travel daydreams into a reality.
Michael Of TheVelocityLabs.com
Michael was quickly climbing the ladder in a corporate world that bored him. His dad’s battle with cancer and his son’s upcoming birth made him rethink his life, and he realized he was made for more than a lifetime of career disillusionment. He joined our course, secured his first client(!), and set out on his new and exciting mission to help people find their maximum career velocity.
When Olivia came to us, she was already an organizational psychologist fascinated with workplace dynamics. She had the books-based knowledge, but she needed to transform it into a business! We helped Olivia land her very first clients and then the next and the next and the NEXT! She transformed from an educated HR professional to an enthusiastic coach who helps people change their lives using the unwritten rules of career advancement.