About Andrea Lake
So, you're interested in starting a business? You don’t want to miss this interview then. Andrea Lake is what you’d call a serious serial entrepreneur. She’s founded over 14 businesses since the age of 18, some of which include StickerJunkie.com, YogaJunkie, and Delinquent Distribution (the company that owns sales rights to merchandise for some of the world’s biggest video games…think Minecraft and World of Warcraft!). Now, she’s focusing on training and mentoring others to build their own successful businesses through MentorMojo, an online learning and mentorship platform and Lessons.biz, a 6-week training course on how to start a t-shirt business!
You are going to want to grab a pen and take notes folks. This is a woman who tells us she “loves business the way some people love football” and believe us, you'll see it!
What You Will Learn:
- What the “No A-Hole” Rule is and why you should adopt it in your own life and business.
- Andrea's advice to those just starting out with their own business:
- Don't take failure too seriously
- Find a mentor, someone who's 2-3 rungs up the ladder from where you are
- Put a dollar figure on your time
- How to find the right mentor for you AND how to get them to work with you.
Relevant Links and Resources:
Andrea's top book recommendations for her mentees (and everyone):
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Do Cool Sh*t: Quit Your Day Job, Start Your Own Business, and Live Happily Ever After by Miki Agrawal
- Rework by Jason Fried
- Ask and it is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Abundance: The Future is Better than You Think by Peter Diamondis
For more information on getting clear on what you want and then taking action:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
For more information on starting a business:
- HTYC 060 How to Start Your Business on the Side
- HTYC 056 How to Choose a Business with Stephanie O'Brien
- HTYC 052 How to Hustle on the Side with Nick Loper
Also mentioned in the episode:
Get in touch with Andrea!
Love the show?
Subscribe to the Happen to Your Career podcast:
We would LOVE it if you would consider leaving us a review! Each review allows us to reach more folks just like you and help them “Happen” to their careers!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
Want help finding the work that fits YOU?