About this episode:
Think your finances don’t have much of an impact on your career? Well, we challenge you to rethink that. When you’re in debt your decisions often come down to what you NEED to do, rather than what you’d like to do. Becoming debt-free gives you back your freedom in ways that you may not even be able to anticipate. To help get you inspired to take action today, we’ve even got Scott and Alyssa’s Dave Ramsey Show official “debt-free scream” for you!
So, there was a time back before HTYC was born, when Scott and his wife Alyssa had found themselves up to their eyeballs in debt – everything from car payments to mortgage debt and student loans to the tune of over $133,000.
Mark Sieverkropp interviews Scott about his and Alyssa's journey to getting out of debt and the surprising payoffs that were there to greet them when they were finally done.
What You Will Learn:
- The impacts (the ones you know about AND the ones you don't) that carrying debt can have on your life, your relationships, and your career.
- Why Scott's debt could have prevented HTYC from “happening”!
- How taking control of your finances NOW is critical to your future career success and happiness.
- What the “Debt Snowball” is and how you can implement it to tackle your debt today!
Relevant Links and Resources:
Want the EXACT budgeting tool that Scott and Alyssa used to knock out $133k of debt in just 3 1/2 years?
For more information on finances and career:
- HTYC 033 Deacon Hayes: The Career-Finances Connection
- HTYC 034 Dave Ramsey and Your Career vs. Your Finances
- HTYC 035 Don't Become Indebted to Your Career
- HTYC 036 Your Financial Transition Plan
For more information on how to ask for (and get) a raise at work:
- Our Get A Raise Guide
- How to Ask for a Raise (and get it)
- How 20 Minutes with Your Boss Can Change Your Life Forever!
For more information on getting clear on what you want in your career and then taking action:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
Also mentioned in the episode:
Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey – one of Scott's top-recommended career books!
Don't forget to grab your FREE budgeting tool!
Get in touch with us!
Come join us over on Facebook in our Work You Love OneStop group! Get the support, information, and encouragement you need!