We’ve taken the top questions that have been asked by you, our audience, and are sharing our thoughts through our own experiences of career changes.
We answer your questions from questions of career change mindset, to changes of strengths and interests, and whether searching for the dream career is even worth it.
What You Will Learn
- When making a career change, do you have to know what you want to do for the rest of your life?
- Society and culture may influence our thoughts on stability and what plan or pathway you think you need to follow in your career and in life in general
- Change in life and lifestyle will change the way you want to earn money
- There are more and more ways to figure our the information you need to decide if your choices bring you closer to or further away from where you want to be
- Bottom line: Mindset will change, expect it to change
- Do strengths change over time? Does everyone have a strength? What if you don’t have strengths?
- Strengths and interests change as life and work experiences change
- When it comes to signature strengths, everyone has them, they are already there, already ingrained in you. It is just a matter of doing the work to understand those signature strengths in order to intentionally focus on developing them and making them great.
- Once you figure out what you’re naturally good at, the things that you’re more gifted at doing, you can then work to align those strengths for a career that will never feel like work.
- Is it worth it- finding the dream career versus settling for a job that pays the bills?
- It takes some amount of searching to determine if anything is worth doing what you love
- Everyone will have an answer for themselves once they take the time to evaluate their priorities
- From career changes to paying off debt, whatever it is, even if it doesn’t seem ideal at the moment, you are never going to get what you want or what you’re looking for if you don’t make the moves to make it happen
- Your goals are closer than you realize. It may look like a daunting task, but it is never as difficult as you think it is.
- You have to make the decision if you want to move forward. When you do, the answer will be yes. Yes it is absolutely worth it.
For more info on finding the work that fits you:
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 103 Multi-talented, Multi-passionate, Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick
- HTYC 105 What’s Holding You Back (Figure Out What Fits, Part I)
- HTYC 106 Overcoming Mental Barriers (Figure Out What Fits, Part II)
- HTYC 107 HTYC Stories: How Jerrad made the move that changed his life and his career
Have a question you need answered? We’re here to help!
Get in touch with us!