About Jim Woods
Would you say that you’ve been taking the path of least resistance in your career?
No judgements. We just want to let you know that you’re in good company.
In fact, this is exactly how our guest, Jim Woods described his career journey up until he found the work he really wanted to be doing. Jim is a government accountant turned author, editor, and “champion for writers”. He talks to us about what shook him off the path of least resistance and into taking control of his career and building the life he wanted in the “margins”.
What You Will Learn
- What took our guest off the path of least resistance in his career and into taking an active role in designing his future.
- How if you’re looking for your unique talents and strengths, they might very well be hiding under your nose!
- And this won’t surprise you, but you’ll hear again why it’s not the “talking about doing stuff” that gets you results, it’s the “doing stuff.”
Relevant Links and Resources
For more info on finding the work that fits you:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 097 What Makes You Weird Can Make You Great with Danielle Watson
- HTYC 102 Success is Living a Life Built Around You with Dan Norris
- HTYC 103 Multi-talented, Multi-passionate, Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick
- HTYC 105 What’s Holding You Back (Figure Out What Fits, Part I)
- HTYC 106 Overcoming Mental Barriers (Figure Out What Fits, Part II)
- HTYC 107 HTYC Stories: How Jerrad made the move that changed his life and his career
Also mentioned in the episode:
Get in touch with Jim!
Get in touch with us!
Love the show?
Subscribe to the Happen to Your Career podcast:
Leave us a review and help us to reach more folks just like you and help them “Happen” to their careers!
Want help finding the work that fits YOU?