About Michael Merrill
Everyone wants to “get ahead” at work. But, what does that actually look like? Does “getting ahead” in the corporate world mean working hard and impressing the right people? Yes. But, that’s only part of the story.
Michael Merrill, the founder of The Velocity Labs, a “laboratory for ambitious individuals seeking extraordinary results in their career and life”, shows us how learning to leverage the value you bring to your organization and establishing relationships with the right people can get you to where you want to go!
What You Will Learn
- You’ll hear about the positive side of office politics – yes, there IS a positive way to look at it!
- You’ll find out about the difference between your image and identity at work and how you can use it to get on the radar of influencers at your company
- AND, we’ll also talk about what to do once you’ve gotten their attention!
Relevant Links and Resources
For more info on getting clarity around your career aspirations:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 097 What Makes You Weird Can Make You Great with Danielle Watson
- HTYC 102 Success is Living a Life Built Around You with Dan Norris
- HTYC 103 Multi-talented, Multi-passionate, Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick
- HTYC 105 What’s Holding You Back (Figure Out What Fits, Part I)
- HTYC 106 Overcoming Mental Barriers (Figure Out What Fits, Part II)
- HTYC 107 HTYC Stories: How Jerrad made the move that changed his life and his career
Get in touch with Michael!
Get in touch with us!
Love the show?
Subscribe to the Happen to Your Career podcast:
Leave us a review and help us to reach more folks just like you and help them “Happen” to their careers!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
Want help finding the work that fits YOU?