About Clark Vandeventer
We’re told to go to school, get a great job with the best salary possible, and then to build our lives accordingly. But, what if we could turn this approach around?
What if we designed our lives first and then went out and earned to support living the way we truly wanted? Clark Vandeventer and his family have done just that. If you’ve ever been curious about becoming location-independent, this is the episode for you!
At 26, Clark had a stable job making a great income, but he knew the trajectory he was on was not taking him where he wanted to go. He quit his job and from there, has experienced some dramatic ups and downs – including running for Congress and moving his family into his in-laws’ garage!
But, at this point, he and his family have managed to design their lives around what truly matters to them. They’ve developed a system for generating income from diverse sources and have found a way to live on their own terms.
Clark is the author of the book, Unworking: Exit the Rat Race, Live Like a Millionaire, and Be Happy Now.
What You Will Learn
- Why the approach most people take in building their lives and lifestyles around their salaries is actually backwards!
- Interested in becoming location-independen? – Clark describes his family’s “Patchwork Income” method that allows them the freedom to live life on their terms!
- And hear Clark’s tips on traveling the world with kids!
Relevant Links and Resources
ClarkVand.com – Clark’s home on the web
FamilyTrek.org – Learn more location independence, Patchwork Income, and follow Clark’s family’s adventures!
For more information on finding the work that fits the life you want:
- The HTYC Mindset: Identify the Results You Want First!
- HTYC 049 The Magic of Motion with Ritchie Norton
- HTYC 054 Revolutionize Your Career with CK Bray
- HTYC 061 How to Approach Your Career Scientifically with Adarsh Pandit
- HTYC 062 Merging Identities as Part of Your Career Transition with Chris Wilson
- HTYC 064 Passion Project to Dream Job with Mark McClung
- HTYC 069 It’s Now or Never with Doc Kennedy
- HTYC 071 Get Intentional, Get Results with Olivia Gamber
- HTYC 074 Fear Means “Go!” with Greg Faxon
- HTYC 088 Opportunities Are Where You Create Them with Greg Rollett
- HTYC 093 Practicing Incremental Bravery with Grant Baldwin
- HTYC 094 Stepping into the Right Roles with Michael Port
- HTYC 097 What Makes You Weird Can Make You Great with Danielle Watson
- HTYC 102 Success is Living a Life Built Around You with Dan Norris
- HTYC 103 Multi-talented, Multi-passionate, Multipotentialites with Emilie Wapnick
- HTYC 105 What’s Holding You Back (Figure Out What Fits, Part I)
- HTYC 106 Overcoming Mental Barriers (Figure Out What Fits, Part II)
- HTYC 107 HTYC Stories: How Jerrad made the move that changed his life and his career
For more info on travel and location independent life:
Get in touch with Clark!
Get in touch with us!
Love the show?
Subscribe to the Happen to Your Career podcast:
Leave us a review and help us to reach more folks just like you and help them “Happen” to their careers!
Get the support, information, and encouragement you need to move to work you’ll love!
Want help finding the work that fits YOU?