About Chris Wilson:
Self-described as “the hardest working quitter you’ll ever meet”, Chris dropped out of college to pursue professional cycling, worked summers at his family’s B&B on Cape Cod, earned his way into an online ad agency by impressing the CEO, moved into sales at Hubspot, then at Nanigans, and is now officially self-employed working on UnStuckable with friend and co-founder Stephen Warley. UnStuckable is the show that brings you “knowledge, habits, and skills to get unstuck in your career and in life”.
Chris moved from sales job to sales job, “killing it” each time and making multiple 6 figures. The “Millennial mindset” kept him constantly looking ahead to the next great company, the next opportunity. Along the way, he started the UnStuckable podcast with good friend Stephen Warley and began to discover that his values and his idea of “true wealth” weren’t necessarily aligned with those of his peers. Being the “software guy with an awesome side project” wasn’t enough. He was left wanting to give UnStuckable more of the attention he thought it deserved.
“Creating” his own “crisis”, Chris finally ended up being relieved from his full-time job after letting his management know that he wasn’t intending to stay longterm.
After recovering from being let go from his job and “recalibrating”, Chris went all in with UnStuckable. Now, with UnStuckable taking off, growing and developing, he’s considering stepping back into sales, but on his terms and putting UnStuckable first this time.
And why not? It really doesn’t have to be all or nothing!
What You Will Learn:
- How to calculate (yes, we’re doing math!) the dollar amount you’ll need to put away in order to build your “runway” if you’re planning to make the leap to self-employment!
- The importance of merging your identity as an employee with your identity as an entrepreneur. Don’t “throw the baby out with the bath water!”
- How the ups and downs, the tests and failures, of the entrepreneurial journey are the way to building your confidence and gaining continual clarity.
- How you can get your business started while working full-time.
- The value of connecting with others who are doing what you want to do!
Relevant Links and Resources:
UnStuckable podcast – hosted by Chris Wilson and Stephen Warley, UnStuckable will bring you the “knowledge, habits, and skills to get unstuck in your career and in life”
For more information on preparing financially for a career transition:
- HTYC Episode 034 Dave Ramsey and Your Career vs. Your Finances
- HTYC Episode 035 Don’t Become Indebted to Your Career
- HTYC Episode 036 Your Financial Transition Plan
For more information on the power of building a strong network:
- HTYC Episode 057 Networking with Purpose with Mark Sieverkropp
For more information on starting your own business:
- HTYC Episode 052 How to Hustle on the Side with Nick Loper
- HTYC Episode 056 How to Choose a Business with Stephanie O’Brien
- HTYC Episode 060 How to Start Your Business on the Side
Get in touch with Chris!
Are you currently considering or working towards a career transition? What’s the most difficult part about the transition for you? Tell us in the comments below!
Love the show?
Subscribe to the Happen to Your Career podcast:
And please leave us a review! Each review helps us to help more folks like you “Happen” to their careers!
Want help finding the work that fits YOU?